Whether you choose to live in Melbourne’s living waterfront or in a green oasis in the heart of the city, your goal of becoming a first home buyer is one step closer with this amazing offer, which is available for a limited time only.
To qualify for First Place by Lendlease, you will need to:
1. Provide a completed statutory declaration form confirming your eligibility for the first home owners grant.
The criteria you must satisfy for the first home owners grant is determined by the State Revenue Office, as summarised below:
- Neither you or your spouse/partner can have previously received a grant in any state or territory of Australia.
- You or your spouse/partner must not have owned residential property, whether on your own or with some other person before 1 July 2000.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of settlement or completion of construction. You must also be a permanent resident or, an Australian citizen or a New Zealand citizen holding a special category visa under s32 of the Migration Act 1958.
- The property purchased must be occupied as a home for a continuous period of at least 12 months, within 12 months of completion of the eligible transaction, being settlement of the purchase of the home or completion of construction of the home.
As a first home buyer you may also be eligible for a one-off duty exemption for Principal Place of Residence (PPR) valued up to $600,000, or a concession for a PPR with a dutiable value from $600,001 to $750,000.
2. Pass an independent Financial Health Check
This Financial Health Check by Homeloan Corp will consider full-time employment income, assets, debt, savings and if you qualify for a home loan pre-approval.